Antonio Westphalen, MD
|School||UCSF School of Medicine|
|Address||350 Parnassus Avenue|
San Francisco CA 94117
|University of California, San Francisco||M.A.S. in Clinical Research|| Graduate Division (Advance Training in Clinical Research)||2011|
|University of California, San Francisco|| Clinical Fellowship |
|University of California, San Francisco||2007
||2009||Radiology Editor’s Recognition Award |
|Annual Brazilian Diagnostic and Therapeutic Neuroradiology Congress||2000||First prize, Neuroradiology Educational Exhibit|
|Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul"; Scientific Initiation Institutional Program||1993
||1994||Brazilian National Council of Research |
|Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul"; Scientific Initiation Institutional Program||1992||Brazilian National Council of Research|
Antonio Westphalen, MD, MAS, PhD, is an Associate Professor in Residence in the Abdominal Imaging Section in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Westphalen received his medical degree from Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil in 1995, and completed his residency from the Instituto de Cardiologia do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil and from the Hospital Moinhos de Vento, Brazil, followed by a fellowship in Abdominal Imaging at the University of California, San Francisco in 2005. Shortly after, Dr. Westphalen completed his MAS degree from the Master’s Degree Program in Clinical Research in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics from UCSF. He received his PhD from the Doctoral Degree Program in Surgical Sciences, Urology at Universidade Federal do Sul, Brazil in 2012.
As member of the UCSF Department of Radiology’s clinical research team and the Prostate Cancer Imaging Group, Dr. Westphalen’s research emphasizes on the use of advanced imaging technologies to diagnose and treat patients with prostate cancer. Dr. Westphalen’s unique background has allowed him to expand his research and provide new expertise to the Prostate Cancer Imaging Group.
Dr. Westphalen has published 64 articles related to his research, study cases, and reviews. Some of his publications have appeared in the British Journal of Urology International and the American Journal of Roentgenology.
Abdominal Imaging, Adult
Advanced genitourinary and gastrointestinal imaging, magnetic resonance imaging, magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging, diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging
Advanced MR imaging techniques of the liver and prostate and currently working with two multidisciplinary groups, the Prostate Imaging Group and the Liver Research Group
Education and Training:
• Medical School: Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
• Residency: Instituto de Cardiologia do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil and Hospital Moinhos de Vento, Brazil
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Abdominal Imaging
• Master Degree: University of California, San Francisco - Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Clinical Research
• Doctor of Philosophy: Doctoral Degree Program in Surgical Sciences Univeridade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil - Urology
• Medical Licensure, Brazil
• Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates Examination steps I and II
• Brazilian Medical Council Radiology Certification
• Brazilian College of Radiology Board Certification (equivalent of American Board certification)
• United States Medical Licensing Examination step III
• California Medical Board
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
Advanced MR imaging techniques of the liver and prostate and currently working with two multidisciplinary groups, the Prostate Imaging Group and the Liver Research Group.
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share related concepts with this person.