Christopher Hess, MD, PhD
|School||UCSF School of Medicine|
|Address||505 Parnassus Avenue|
San Francisco CA 94117
|University of California, San Francisco||Fellowship||Neuroradiology||2008|
|University of California, San Francisco||Residency||Radiology||2007|
|University of Illinois||M.D.||School of Medicine||2002|
|University of Illinois||Ph.D.||Electrical Engineering||1999|
|University of California, San Francisco||2007||Elmer Ng Award for Outstanding Resident in Radiology|
|American Society of Neuroradiology||2006||Best Paper Award in Functional Neuroradiology|
|American Society of Neuroradiology||2005||Berlex Best Paper Award, General Neuroradiology|
|Alpha Chapter, University of Illinois||2000||Alpha Omega Alpha|
|1990||Eta Kappa Nu|
Christopher Hess, MD, PhD, is a Professor and Chief of Neuroradiology at the University of California, San Francisco. He completed his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at the University of Illinois in 1998, M.D. at the University of Illinois in 2002, radiology residency at UCSF in 2007, and neuroradiology fellowship in 2008. Dr. Hess also serves as Associate Chair for Quality and Safety and Associate Director of the T32 Program in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging.
Dr. Hess’s research focus is on the translational application of MR imaging techniques to vascular disease, brain development and degeneration, and epilepsy, especially using diffusion imaging and ultra-high-field MRI.
Neurodegenerative disorders, epilepsy, vascular disease
Neurodegenerative disorders, epilepsy, vascular disease, image-guided spine interventions, diffusion MRI and fiber tractography, ultra-high field brain MRI, quantitative MRI
Education and Training:
• Medical School: University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, MD (1998-2002)
• Internship: California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco - Internal Medicine (2002-2003)
• Residency: University of California, San Francisco - Radiology (2003-2007)
• Chief Residency: University of California, San Francisco - Chief Resident, Radiology (2006-2007)
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Neuroradiology (2007-2008)
• Board Certifications: Medical Licensure, California (2004)
• Board Certifications: American Board of Radiology (2007)
• Fluoroscopy Supervisor and Operator, California Department of Public Health (2007)
• Subspecialty Certification, Neuroradiology, American Board of Radiology (2009)
Neurodegenerative diseases, epilepsy, vascular anomalies, image-guided spine interventions, diffusion MRI and fiber tractography, ultra-high field brain MRI, quantitative MRI methods.
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share related concepts with this person.