Edward Sickles, MD
|School||UCSF School of Medicine|
|Department||Radiology and Biomedical Imaging|
|University of California, San Francisco||2010
||2011||Ed Dickson Emeritus Professorship Award |
|Journal of Women’s Imaging||2001||Editor’s Certificate of Recognition |
|University of California, San Francisco Department of Radiology||2000||Outstanding Alumni Award|
|California Radiological Society||1999||Henry Garland Memorial Lecturer |
|American College of Radiology||1998||Wendell Scoot Memorial Lecturer |
|University of California, San Francisco||1993||Hideyo Minagi Outstanding Teaching Award|
|American Cancer Society||1980
||1981||Junior Faculty Clinical Fellowship |
|Radiological Society of North America||1978||Cum Laude Award|
Edward A. Sickles, MD, has previously served as Chief of the Breast Imaging Section at the University of California, San Francisco. Presently, he is a Professor Emeritus of Radiology at UCSF School of Medicine and actively a member of the Women’s Imaging Section. Dr. Sickles received his medical degree from Cornell University Medical College, New York in 1969, and completed a residency at Cornell Memorial Hospital and at UCSF, followed by a fellowship at UCSF in Diagnostic Radiology in 1976.
Dr. Sickles has presented papers at more than 200 scientific meetings, and has been invited as a speaker to over 800 educational seminars and medical institutions worldwide. Dr. Sickles continues to serve as a member to many breast imaging committees, and most recently, Dr. Sickles chaired the National Mammography Database Committee. Also, he serves as Chair of the ACR Committee that produces the mammography portion of the Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System (BI-RADS).
As a prolific contributor to breast imaging education and scientific literature, Dr. Sickles has authored and co-authored 10 books and monographs, more than 220 scientific articles, and almost 100 other scientific communications.
Breast imaging, breast cancer, breast MRI, breast ultrasound
Education and Training:
• Medical School: Cornell University Medical College, New York
• Internship: Cornell Cooperating Hospitals, Memorial Hospital, New York - Medicine
• Residency: Cornell Cooperating Hospitals, Memorial Hospital, New York - Medicine
• Residency: University of California, San Francisco - Diagnostic Radiology
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Diagnostic Radiology
• New York, License: # 106423, 7/1/1970 (currently inactive)
• Maryland, License: # D09555, 3/19/1971 (currently inactive)
• California, License: # G24435, 5/15/1973
• Ohio, License: # 78535, 8/25/2000 (currently inactive)
Breast imaging, breast cancer, breast MRI, breast ultrasound.
Click the "See All" links for more information and interactive visualizations!
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share similar concepts with this person.