Ganesh Krishna, MD
|School||UCSF School of Medicine|
|Address||600 16th Street|
San Francisco CA 94158
Dr.Krishna graduated from Stanford University Pulmonary/Critical care medicine fellowship program and subsequently served as a faculty at Stanford for eight years. He underwent additional training in Germany for Interventional Pulmonology. He joined the faculty at UCSF in 2014 to start the Interventional Pulmonary program. He is interested in bronchology training for fellows, advanced bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology, thoracic ultrasound and critical care. He is at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation and is the program director for the UCSF/PAMF Interventional Pulmonary program at El Camino Hospital.
Dr.Krishna is interested in clinical research related to devices and interventional pulmonology. Current research projects include endoscopic lung volume reduction, confocal endomicroscopy for evaluation of small lung nodules, transbronchial cryobiopsy for interstitial lung diseases and therapeutic applications of navigational bronchoscopy.
PROFICIENCY in ADVANCED BRONSCOPY and INTERVENTIONAL PULMONARY PROCEDURES
1. Electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy
2. Endobronchial ultrasound EBUS.
3. Argon plasma coagulation: airway recanalization, coagulation for hemoptysis
4. Endobronchial cryosurgery
5. Autofluorescence bronchoscopy and narrow band imaging
6. Rigid bronchoscopy
7. Airway recanalization and stenting
8. Endoscopic lung volume reduction LVRS
9. Percutaneous tracheostomy
10. Medical thoracoscopy: single port thoracoscopy for diagnosis of pleural diseases and pleurodeisis
11. Confocal endomicroscopy system
12. Bronchial thermoplasty for severe asthma
13. Cryo spray ablation
14. IBV valve system for persistent bronchopleural fistula
16. Radial probe (360°) ultrasound
17. Thoracic ultrasound for pleural effusion and advanced critical care ultrasound
18. Selective bronchography
19. HDR brachtherapy
20. Fiducial marker placement for stereotactic body radiation
21. Baloon bronchoplasty
22. Foreign body extraction
23. Holmium YAG laser
24. Transbronchial cryo biopsy for interstitial lung diseases
25. Microdebrider bronchoscopy
endoscopic lung volume reduction, confocal endomicroscopy for evaluation of small lung nodules, transbronchial cryobiopsy for interstitial lung diseases and therapeutic applications of navigational bronchoscopy
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share related concepts with this person.