Jeff Critchfield, MD
|School||UCSF School of Medicine|
|Address||1001 Potrero Ave, SFGH 5|
San Francisco CA 94110
|University of California, San Francisco||Clinical Fellowship |
|University of California, San Francisco||Residency ||School of Medicine|
|University of California, San Francisco||M.D.||1994||School of Medicine|
Dr. Jeffrey Critchfield is a Professor of Medicine at UCSF in the Division of Hospital Medicine at San Francisco General Hospital & Trauma Center. He serves as Chief Medical Experience Officer and Medical Director of Risk Management.
Since joining the UCSF faculty in 2001, Jeff has been particularly interested in improving the care of hospitalized patients while working closely with medical students, residents and fellows. In addition to direct patient care, he has focused on the work of developing and improving the system of care throughout the hospital and its connection to the community as one point on the continuum of care. As a former Chief of the Medical Staff and Chief of the Division of Hospital Medicine, Jeff shares the commitment of his SFGH colleagues to the combined mission of serving the greater community of San Francisco while contributing advances through development of new ideas and programs.
• MD, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1988-1994
• BAS, Classics, Biology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, 1983-1987
• Internship, Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1994-1995
• Residency, Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1995-1996
• Fellowship, Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 1996-1997
• Chief Residency, Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1997-1998
• Fellowship, Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1998-1999
• Post-doc, Rheumatology University of California, San Francisco, CA 1999-2001
• Medical License, Medical Board of California, #A60018, 1996
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support, 2002
• Internal Medicine, Recertified, 2012
Memberships & Affiliations:
• Member, Society for Hospital Medicine
• Member, National Association of Public Hospitals
, Older adults
, People with limited English proficiency
, Socioeconomically marginalized groups
, Persons with physical disability
, Persons with mental illness
, Health coaches
, Motivational interviewing
, Audit and feedback
, Practice guidelines
, Works-in-progress seminars
, Implementation & dissemination science listservs
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share related concepts with this person.