Jeffrey Critchfield, MD
Since joining the UCSF faculty in 2001, I have been particularly interested in improving the care of hospitalized patients while working closely with medical students, residents and fellows. In addition to direct patient care, the work of developing and improving the system of care throughout the hospital and its connection to the community as one point on the continuum of care has been a focus for me. As a former Chief of the Medical Staff in 2007-09 and now in the role of Medical Director of Risk Management for SFGH, I have witnessed firsthand the passion of the SFGH team. The remarkable commitment of SFGH colleagues to the combined mission of serving the greater community of San Francisco while contributing advances through development of new ideas and programs is a great inspiration.
Currently, in addition to my role as Chief of the Division of Hospital Medicine at SFGH, I am committed to work in three specific areas: developing an approach for service excellence for patients and staff; cultivating a fair and just culture in the San Francisco Department of Public Health and coordinating cross systems improvements for Care Transitions from the hospital to home.
• MD, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1988-1994
• BAS, Classics, Biology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, 1983-1987
• Internship, Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1994-1995
• Residency, Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1995-1996
• Fellowship, Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 1996-1997
• Chief Residency, Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1997-1998
• Fellowship, Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1998-1999
• Post-doc, Rheumatology University of California, San Francisco, CA 1999-2001
• Medical License, Medical Board of California, #A60018, 1996
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support, 2002
• Internal Medicine, Recertified, 2012
Memberships & Affiliations:
• Member, Society for Hospital Medicine
• Member, National Association of Public Hospitals
Implementation Science, Older adults, People with limited English proficiency, Socioeconomically marginalized groups, Persons with physical disability, Persons with mental illness, Migrants/refugees, Hospital, Health coaches, Education, Motivational interviewing, P4P, Audit and feedback, Practice guidelines, Works-in-progress seminars, Implementation & dissemination science listservs
Click the "See All" links for more information and interactive visualizations!
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share similar concepts with this person.