Osamu Tetsu, MD, PhD
|Address||1450 Third St|
San Francisco CA 94158
|Chiba University||M.D.||1989||School of Medicine|
|Chiba University||Ph.D.||1997||Graduate School of Medicine|
|Chiba University||Residency||1997||Department of Surgery|
|University of California, San Francisco||Post-doc||2002||Cancer Research Institute|
Osamu Tetsu, MD, PhD, is an Associate Professor and Director of the Head and Neck Cancer Research Laboratory in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (OHNS) at the University of California, San Francisco. He received his MD from Chiba University, Japan and he completed his residency program from the Chiba University Hospital in Japan. Dr. Tetsu obtained his PhD in molecular immunology at Chiba University, and this was following by a postdoctoral in cancer biology at UCSF.
Dr. Tetsu’s research focus is to understand the molecular mechanism of head and neck cancer, especially salivary gland tumors, and to identify novel therapeutic approaches to the treatment of various types of neoplasm in the head and neck. His laboratory is interested in molecular mechanism underlying initiation and progression of head and neck cancers and other malignancies. They have exploited the cell signaling pathways that make cancers different from normal tissues.
Tumor Initiation and Progression, Growth Control, Cell-Signaling, Targeted Therapy, and Molecular Biomarkers
Cancer Biology, Salivary gland and Head and Neck cancers, Targeted Therapy, Receptor Tyrosine Kinases (RTKs), cyclin D1, Cell-cycle Regulation, Signal Transduction, the Wnt/ß-Catenin Pathway, the Ras/MAPK Pathway, the Proteasome-Ubiquitin Pathway, Apoptotic Cell Death, Cellular Senescence, Developmental Therapeutics, Drug Discovery, Small-Molecule Inhibitors, and Molecular Biomarkers
Education and Training:
• Medical School: Chiba University, Japan
• Residency: Chiba University Hospital, Japan – General and GI Surgery
• PhD: Chiba University, Japan – Molecular Immunology
• Postdoctoral: University of California, San Francisco – Cancer Biology
Awards and Honors:
• 1990 Chiba University Department of Surgery - Dr. Kaichi Isono, M.D. Award
• 2000 Uehara Memorial Foundation – Uehara Scholar Award
• 2003 American Cancer Society – Institutional Individual Award
• 2004 Concern Foundation – Young Investigator Award
• 2004 Chiba University School of Medicine Alumni Association - Outstanding Academic Achievement Award
• 2005 V Foundation – V Scholar Award
• 2010 American Head and Neck Society – Dr. Alando J Ballantyne, M.D. Research Award
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share related concepts with this person.