Patricia Loftus, MD
|School||UCSF School of Medicine|
|Address||2233 Post Street|
San Francisco CA 94115
Patricia Loftus, MD, is an Assistant Professor in the Rhinology & Skull Base Surgery division in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (OHNS) at the University of California, San Francisco. She obtained her medical degree from Jefferson Medical College of the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She completed her one-year internship at Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, New York, where she also completed her otolaryngology – head and neck surgery residency, including one year as chief resident. She then went on to complete her fellowship training in Rhinology & Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery at Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Loftus is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, American Rhinologic Society, and American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy. She is the first author of multiple book chapters and publications in peer-reviewed journals, and has been invited to present her research and to lecture at both national and international meetings. Her research interests lie in sinonasal changes that occur with aging, idiopathic meningoencephaloceles and cerebrospinal fluid leaks, and clinical outcomes following endoscopic skull base surgery.
Rhinology & Skull Base Surgery
Nasal and sinus surgery, endoscopic skull base surgery, general otolaryngology
Allergic and nonallergic rhinitis, chronic rhinosinusitis with and without nasal polyposis, fungal sinusitis, cerebrospinal fluid leaks, sinonasal tumors, skull base tumors, endoscopic orbital surgery, general otolaryngology, office-based rhinology procedures, mentoring
Education and Training:
• Medical School: Jefferson Medical College of the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
• Internship: Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
• Residency: Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
• Fellowship: Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA - Rhinology & Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Awards and Honors:
• 2009 Alpha Omega Alpha
• 2012-2014 First Place Research Award - Albert Einstein College of Medicine Department of Otolaryngology Annual Research Symposium
• 2015 Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY – Chief Resident of the Year Award
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People who share related concepts with this person.