Roy Gordon, MD
|School||UCSF School of Medicine|
|Address||505 Parnassus Avenue|
San Francisco CA 94117
|Society of Interventional Radiology, Toronto, Canada||2007||Plenary Session Lecturer |
Roy Gordon, MD, is a Professor Emeritus and Associate Chair of Safety and Quality in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging at the University of California, San Francisco. In June 2012, Dr. Gordon retired after 25 years of services to UCSF Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging. Dr. Gordon received his MA in Animal Physiology from the University of Oxford in England and he received his BM BCh in Medicine from the University of Oxford. He completed a residency in Urology and Radiology from Hadassah University Hospital Jerusalem, Israel, followed by a fellowship in Angiography and Interventional Radiology from the University of Pennsylvania Hospital in 1979. He established the section of Interventional Radiology at Hadassah Hospital in 1979 and was Chairman of the Department from 1981 to 1987. In 1987 he joined the IR section at UCSF and was chief of IR from 1997 to 2006.
Dr. Gordon’s research is focused on two main areas: the treatment of uterine fibroids by minimally invasive techniques such as uterine artery embolization, clinical follow-up of patients after UAE, and investigating the contribution and importance of the ovarian arteries in patients undergoing UAE, which is key for those patients wishing to maintain fertility. Another interest is the use of expandable metallic stents in the airways to treat obstructions of a benign type such as post lung transplantation, relapsing polychondritis, post-intubation structures and a variety of other entities.
Dr. Gordon has published over 200 articles based on his research and studies. He has written 6 book chapters and 36 abstracts.
Uterine artery embolization, airway stenting, percutaneous interventions
Biliary tract, TIPS, application of expandable metallic stents for treatment of benign airway obstructions and transcatheter intravascular embolotherapy
Education and Training:
• Medical School: University of Oxford, England, BM BCh - Medicine
• Internship: Middlesex Hospital, University of London
• Residency: Hadassah University Hospital Jerusalem, Israel - Urology and Radiology
• Fellowship: Hospital, University of Pennsylvania - Angiography/Interventional Radiology
• Masters of Art: University of Oxford University, England - MA, Animal Physiology
• Medical Practitioner Full Registration, General Medical Council, England
• Doctor, Ministry of Health, Israel
• Federal Licensing Examination (FLEX)
• Medical Physician and Surgeon, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
• American Board of Radiology
• Specialist in Diagnostic Radiology, Israel Ministry of Health
• Physician and Surgeon, License, California Board of Medical Quality Assurance
• American Board of Radiology, Certificate of Added Qualification in Angiography and Interventional Radiology
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share related concepts with this person.