Wayne Webb, MD
|School||UCSF School of Medicine|
|Department||Radiology and Biomedical Imaging|
|University of California, San Francisco||2006||Hideyo Minagi Endowed Professor of Radiology |
|University of California, San Francisco||1985||George Annes Memorial Lecturer|
|Radiological Society of North America||1981|| Certificate of Merit Award|
W. Richard Webb, MD, is a Professor of Radiology at the University of California, San Francisco. He was chief of the Cardio-Thoracic Imaging Section from 1995-2006, and in 2006 he was named the Hideyo Minagi Professor of Radiology at SFGH. He retired in 2009 after 37 years in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging at UCSF. Dr. Webb earned his medical degree from UCSF in 1971. He completed his residency in Diagnostic Radiology from UCSF and his Chief residency in Radiology from UCSF as well, followed by a fellowship from UCSF in 1976.
Dr. Webb is an expert in computerized tomography (CT) of the thorax, high-resolution lung CT, and other imaging for lung cancer. His research is conducted by the use of high-resolution CT in the evaluation of diffuse lung disease, which involves review of the HRCT in various diseases. A sponsored study of therapy for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis involved a multi-center study of the drug treatments of IPF, with high-resolution CT being obtained for diagnosis and follow-up.
Dr. Webb’s textbook, High Resolution CT of the Lung, now in its third edition, is considered the definitive textbook on the subject. Dr. Webb has published over 15 books and authored over 100 book chapters in various Radiological novels and journals.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Imaging
Computerized tomography (CT) of the thorax, high-resolution lung CT and other imaging for lung cancer
Thoracic imaging, CT diagnosis of thoracic disease, high-resolution CT diagnosis, diffuse lung diseases, lung cancer diagnosis
Education and Training:
• Medical School: University of California, San Francisco
• Internship: University of California, San Francisco, Mt Zion Hospital
• Residency: University of California, San Francisco - Radiology and Biomedical Imaging
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Cardiac and Pulmonary Imaging
• Chief President: University of California, San Francisco - Radiology
• California Medical Board Physician and Surgeon’s Certificate (#G23086)
• USDEA Controlled Substances Registration Certificate (#AW5254812)
• American Board of Radiology, Certification in Diagnostic Radiology
• California Department of Health Service
• X-Ray Supervisor and Operator (RHL #116828)
• University of the State of New York, Medicine and Surgery Certificate (#217869)
• State Medical Board of Ohio, Medical License (#78202)
• Medicare ID # 00G230860; Medicare UPIN #A41844
Thoracic imaging, CT diagnosis of thoracic disease, high-resolution CT diagnosis, diffuse lung diseases, lung cancer diagnosis.
Click the "See All" links for more information and interactive visualizations!
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share similar concepts with this person.