Miles Conrad, MD, MPH is a Clinical Professor in the Department of Radiology at the University of California, San Francisco. In 2001, Dr. Conrad received his MD from Dartmouth Medical School in Hanover, New Hampshire, and in 2002 he obtained his MPH in Quantitative Methods from Harvard School of Public Heath in Boston. He completed his residency in Diagnostic Radiology and Vascular Interventional Radiology Fellowship at the University of Arizona, Tucson. He joined UCSF after his fellowship in 2008.
Dr. Conrad is Co-Director and Co-Founder of the UCSF Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT) Center of Excellence and he Directs the HHT Liver AVM monthly meeting at UCSF. He specializes in the treatment of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations, and recurrence of those that have been previously treated.
Dr. Conrad is also employed as as Bridges Coach with the UCSF School of Medicine and enjoys being part of early medical education.
He enjoys working closely with other specialties to coordinate and deliver care to address to close the gap between marginalized patients in San Francisco and those with full access to health care.
Interventional Radiology, Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT), pulmonary arteriovenous malformations, liver vascular malformations, complex embolizations, and complex pulmonary vascular procedures, chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary embolism, pulmonary artery interventions.
Dr. Conrad's clinical and research interests include hydrodissection for percutaneous ablation, HHT outcomes, medical device development, and endovascular trauma care.
Education and Training:
• Medical School: Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire
• Internship: Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle - General Surgery
• Residency: University of Arizona, Tucson - Diagnostic Radiology
• Fellowship: University of Arizona, Tucson - Interventional Radiology
• Masters in Public Health: Harvard School of Public Health, Boston - Quantitative Methods
• American Board of Radiology, Certificate of Additional Qualification - Interventional Radiology
• American Board of Radiology Certification
• Medical licensure, California