Pierre-Alain Cohen, MD, is Clinical Professor of Radiology and Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Cohen received his medical degree from the Faculté de Médicine Xavier Bichat in Paris, France. He completed his internship in Pediatric Radiology from the Hôpital Necker in Paris, France, and a residency in Diagnostic Radiology, which includes rotations at various hospitals in France. Dr. Cohen completed a fellowship in Skeletal Radiology from the Hôpital Lariboisière, France, and a Pediatric Radiology fellowship at the Hôpital Saint-Vincent-de-Paul in Paris, France. Also, he completed a postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Radiology at the University of Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York.
Dr. Cohen returned to Paris, France in August 1996 to lead the MRI Section at the American Hospital of Paris while serving as a pediatric radiologist at the Hôpital Saint-Vincent-de-Paul. Throughout Dr. Cohen’s medical career he has participated in various humanitarian projects in Laos, Vietnam, Burma, and Kosovo. He returned to UCSF's Department of Radiology in November 2001 as a Clinical Professor at the San Francisco General Hospital. His main interests include: audiology, ultrasound, abdominal imaging, bone imaging, pediatric radiology, child abuse, and third world medicine.
Dr. Cohen is an active member of the European Society of Pediatric Radiology, the French Society of Radiology, the Pacific Coast Pediatric Radiology Association, and the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Pediatric radiology, prenatal ultrasound
Radiology, ultrasound, abdominal imaging, bone imaging, pediatric radiology, child abuse, third world medicine
Education and Training:
• Medical School: Faculté de Médicine Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
• Internship: Hôpital Necker, Paris, France - Pediatric Radiology
• Residency: Hôpital Necker, Paris, France - Diagnostic Radiology
• Fellowship: Hôpital Lariboisière, Paris, France - Skeletal Radiology
• Fellowship: Hôpital Saint-Vincent-de-Paul, Paris, France - Pediatric Radiology
• Postdoctoral Fellowship: University of Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York