Thienkhai Vu, MD
|School||UCSF School of Medicine|
|Address||1001 Potrero Ave|
San Francisco CA 94110
|University of California, San Francisco||Residency ||School of Medicine - Radiology|
|San Francisco General Hospital ||2009||Nominated for the Robert Lull, MD Award|
Thienkhai H. Vu, MD, PhD, is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging at the Unviersity of California, San Francisco. He primarliy provides his expertise on chest imaging at SFGH, and occasionally provides his services in ultrasound, abdominal and muscuoskeletal imaging at SFGH. Dr. Vu received his PhD in Pathology from the Unviersity of Oklahoma HSC, Oklahoma City in 1997, and obtained his MD from the University of Oklahoma HSC in 1999. Dr. Vu completed a residency in Ophthalmology at the University of Wisconsin Hospital/Clinicas in Madison, Wisconsin in 2001, a residency in Diagnostic Radiology from King/Drew Medical Center in Los Angeles, California in 2004, and a residency in Diagnostic Radiology from UCSF in 2005, followed by a Clinical Instructor fellowship in Cross-Sectional Imaging at SFGH in 2006.
Dr. Vu has previously served as Program Director of the Cross-Sectional Training Program and Co-Program Director of the Breast and Body Imaging at SFGH. Presently, he serves as an Interviewer for the UCSF Abdominal Imaging Fellowship Selection Committee. His main areas of interest and expertise are molecular imaging, thoracic imaging, MRI, MDCT, small animal imaging, micro-MRI, micro-CT, micro-PET/CT, quantum dots, magnetic resonance imaging or MDCT coronary angiogram, cardiac MRI, hyperpolarized xenon, and carbon-13.
Dr. Vu has 12 abstracts and 20 peer-reviewed publications.
Chest, ultrasound imaging, abdominal imaging, musculoskeletal imaging, breast imaging, body imaging, CT and MRI
Molecular imaging, thoracic imaging, MRI, MDCT, small animals imaging, micro-MRI, micro-CT, micro-PET/CT, quantum dots, magnetic resonance imaging or MDCT coronary angiogram, cardiac MRI, hyperpolarized xenon and carbon-13
Education and Training:
• Medical School: University of Oklahoma HSC, Oklahoma City
• Internship: University of Oklahoma HSC, Tulsa - Medicine
• Residency: University of Wisconsin Hospital/Clinics, Madison - Ophthalmology
• Residency: King/Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles - Diagnostic Radiology
• Residency: University of California, San Francisco - Diagnostic Radiology
• Fellowship: San Francisco General Hospital - Cross-Sectional Imaging
• Doctor of Philosophy: University of Oklahoma HSC, Oklahoma City - Pathology
• Medical Licensure, Oklahoma
• Medical Licensure, Wisconsin
• Medical Licensure, California
• California X-ray Supervisor License
• Board Certified by the American Board of Radiology, June 2005
Molecular imaging, thoracic imaging, MRI, MDCT, small animals imaging, micro-MRI, micro-CT, micro-PET/CT, quantum dots, magnetic resonance imaging or MDCT coronary angiogram, cardiac MRI, hyperpolarized xenon and carbon-13.
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share related concepts with this person.