Vinil Shah, MD
|School||UCSF School of Medicine|
|Address||505 Parnassus Avenue|
San Francisco CA 94117
|University of California, San Francisco ||2011||Elmer Ng Outstanding Resident Award |
|University of California, San Francisco ||2010
|University of California, San Francisco||2009
||2010||Clinical Educator Track Recipient |
|University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine ||2006||Brinton Prize|
|Medical Honor Society ||2004||Alpha Omega Alpha |
Vinil Shah, MD, is an Assistant professor of Clinical Radiology in the Neuroradiology subspecialty in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging at the University of California, San Francisco. He received his medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in Pennsylvania and completed a one-year internship at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York in 2007. Dr. Shah did his Radiology residency from 2007-2011 at UCSF, serving as chief resident in 2010. From 2011-2013, he completed a clinical fellowship and a Chief fellowship in Neuroradiology at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. From 2013-2014, Dr. Shah was a clinical fellow in Musculoskeletal Imaging and Intervention at the same institution. In August 2014, Dr. Shah accepted the position of Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology in Neuroradiology at UCSF.
Dr. Shah’s research interests include studying spinal imaging biomarkers to help guide intervention and assessing clinical outcomes of spine intervention. Dr. Shah is also involved in global health and international outreach efforts and is an active member of the International Collaborations Committee of the ASNR. Other interests include structured reporting, teaching, and radiology curricula development.
Spine Radiology, Spine Intervention
Spine pain management, MR neurography, MRI of brachial plexus, thoracic outlet syndrome, stroke, brain tumors
Education and Training:
• Medical School: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA
• Internship: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
• Residency: University of California, San Francisco
• Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA – Neuroradiology & Musculoskeletal Radiology
• Chief Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA – Neuroradiology
• Medical License California, Massachusetts
• American Board of Radiology Certificate in Diagnostic Radiology
• Neuroradiology Certificate of Added Qualification
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People who share related concepts with this person.