Jason Talbott, MD, PhD, is an Associate Professor in Residence in the Neuroradiology section in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging at the University of California, San Francisco and Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital. He also serves as Associate Residency Program Director. He earned his MD and PhD degrees from the University of Louisville, Kentucky, in 2007. He completed a one-year internship in Internal Medicine from the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. From 2008-2012, Dr. Talbott completed a four-year Diagnostic Radiology residency at UCSF, followed by a one-year fellowship in Neuroradiology from UCSF, in 2013.
In 2012, as a resident, Dr. Talbott received the Alexander Margulis Outstanding Resident Research Award and also served as a Chief Resident in the Department of Radiology at UCSF. Dr. Talbott currently serves as the Associate Program Director for the Radiology residency program and chairs the Residency Selection Committee.
Research interests include advanced spinal cord and degenerative spine imaging. As part of a multi-disciplinary clinical team at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, Dr. Talbott is active in multiple SCI trials as part of the Transforming Research and Clinical Knowledge in Spinal Cord Injury (TRACK-SCI) initiative. Dr. Talbott has published more than 50 peer-reviewed articles in addition to numerous book chapters and review articles.
Spinal cord and brain trauma
Education and Training:
• Medical School: University of Louisville, Kentucky
• Internship: California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco - Internal Medicine
• Residency: University of California, San Francisco - Diagnostic Radiology
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Neuroradiology
• Doctor of Philosophy: University of Louisville, Kentucky
• American Board of Radiology, Certificate in Diagnostic Radiology
• California Certificate