Emily Webb, MD
|Address||521 Parnassus Ave, Clinic Sci|
San Francisco CA 94143
|New York||M.D.||2000||School of Medicine|
|University of California, San Francisco Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging||2012||Minagi Chair Award, Educational Grant|
|University of California, San Francisco||2009||Academy of Medical Educators Excellence in Teaching Award Recipient |
|Yale New Haven Hospital, Radiology||2005||Chief Resident|
Emily Webb, MD, is an Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology in the Abdominal Imaging Section in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging at the University of California, San Francisco. She received her medical degree from New York Medical College in 2000, and completed her residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Yale New Haven Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine, followed by a fellowship in Abdominal Imaging at the University of California, San Francisco in 2006.
Dr. Webb has a research interest in varied clinical applications of body CT and MRI, particularly in CT evaluation of the bowel and bowel pathology, which has been documented in her most recent publications and lecture topics. She also has an interest in oncologic imaging. Her primary research focus is on CT of the appendicitis. One project examined the utility of CT in adult men with suspected appendicitis, a topic that has been debatable in the existing surgical literature.
Dr. Webb has significant publications related to her primary research interest. Topics include, cystic fibrosis, the equivocal appendix at CT, and acute appendicitis. She has over 30 publications dedicated to her research, clinical trials, and study cases.
Abdominal Imaging, Adult
CT evaluation of bowel and bowel pathology, CT of appendicitis
CT evaluation of the appendix, imaging of inflammatory bowel disease, and gastrointestinal manifestations of cystic fibrosis, oncologic imaging
Education and Training:
• Medical School: New York Medical College
• Internship: Kaiser Santa Clara Hospital, California - Internal Medicine
• Residency: Yale-New Haven Hospital School of Medicine - Diagnostic Radiology
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Radiology and Biomedical Imaging and Abdominal Imaging
• United States Medical Licensing Exam Steps I, II, and III (completed 2001)
• Certification, American Board of Radiology (active)
• California State Medical Board, License (active)
• Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Registration Certificate (active)
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share related concepts with this person.