Spencer Behr, MD, is an Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology and the Director of the Fellowship for both the Abdominal Imaging subspecialty and for the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging at the University of California, San Francisco. He obtained his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston in 2005. In 2010, he completed a four-year Diagnostic Radiology residency at the Lahey Clinic Medical Center in Burlington, Massachusetts, followed by a fellowship in Abdominal Imaging and Nuclear Medicine at UCSF.
Dr. Behr has subspecialty training in abdominal imaging and nuclear medicine, and his research interests are focused on molecular and hybrid imaging translational research. He has selectively pursued interdepartmental projects to foster cross-disciplinary discussions and optimize the clinical impact of these projects.
Projects include: FDG PET in breast cancer, comparing breast cancer molecular subtypes with their respective FDG PET and breast MRI findings, CT findings in Celiac Disease, fluoro-18-fluorothymidine (FLT) PET as a potential marker of early response in patients with metastatic melanoma, CT appearance of malabsorption, and clinical applications of iodine-124 PET/CT in thyroid cancer.
Abdominal Imaging and Nuclear Medicine
Molecular and hybrid imaging translational research
Translational research in the fields of prostate and the development of novel imaging techniques using PET/CT and PET/MR
Education and Training:
• Medical School: Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston - Medicine
• Internship: Saint Vincent Hospital, Worchester - Medicine
• Residency: Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Burlington - Diagnostic Radiology
• Residency: Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Burlington - Chief Resident, Diagnostic Radiology
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Abdominal Imaging
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Nuclear Medicine
• American Board of Nuclear Medicine
• American Board of Radiology with Authorized User - Board Certified 2010
• Full Medical License: California
• ACLS, BLS Certification
• Fluoroscopy License