Jesse Courtier, MD, is a Clinical Professor in Pediatric Radiology at the University of California, San Francisco. He is responsible for the interpretation of pediatric imaging using multiple modalities including CT, MRI, ultrasound, plain film and fluoroscopy for the thoracic, abdominal/pelvic, and musculoskeletal systems in Pediatric patients. Dr. Courtier obtained his medical degree from the University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City in 2003, and completed his residency in Diagnostic Radiology from the University of Kansas, Wichita in 2008, followed by a fellowship in Abdominal Imaging and Pediatric Radiology from UCSF.
Dr. Courtier’s primary research interests include investigation of Augmented Reality applications in medical imaging for use in training and surgical planning.
Additional interests include technique optimization in pediatric body MR applications including MR urography, MR enterography, and fetal MR. He is also interested in the development of new educational materials for resident, fellow, and medical student education.
Dr. Courtier is highly involved in medical education, serving as the Diagnostic Radiology Residency Site Director of Training for the Mission Bay Hospital, Director of the Pediatric Radiology Fellowship, and Chair of the Radiology Residency Clinical Competency Committee. He has published 46+ peer-review journal articles as well as several abstracts and educational exhibits. Dr. Courtier is a multi-award winning educator, having been awarded the UCSF Department of Radiology Fellow Teaching Award, Haile T Debas Excellence in Teaching Award, and the Department of Radiology Hideo Minagi Teaching Award .
Pediatric Radiology; Augmented Reality
CT, MRI, ultrasound, plain film and fluoroscopy in the thoracic, abdominal/pelvic, and musculoskeletal organ systems of pediatric patients
Pediatric body MRI, MR enterography, pediatric oncologic imaging, fetal MRI, 3D printing and post-processing, Augmented Reality applications
Education and Training:
• Medical School: University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City
• Internship: University of Hawaii, Honolulu - Preliminary Surgery
• Residency: University of Kansas, Wichita - Diagnostic Radiology
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging - Abdominal Imaging
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging - Pediatric Radiology
• State of California Medical License
• Diplomate, American Board of Radiology
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support
• Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
• CAQ (Certificate of Additional Qualification) in Pediatric Radiology