Jesse Courtier, MD, is the Chief of Pediatric Radiology at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, San Francisco, and a Clinical Professor in the UCSF Department of Radiology & Biomedical Imaging. He is responsible for the interpretation of pediatric imaging using multiple modalities including CT, MRI, ultrasound, plain film and fluoroscopy for the thoracic, abdominal/pelvic, and musculoskeletal systems in Pediatric patients.
Dr. Courtier obtained his medical degree from the University of Iowa College of Medicine in 2003 and completed his residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Kansas, Wichita in 2008, followed by fellowships in Abdominal Imaging and Pediatric Radiology at UCSF.
Dr. Courtier’s primary research interests include the investigation of augmented reality applications in medical imaging for use in training and surgical planning, and technique optimization in pediatric body MR applications including MR urography, MR enterography, and fetal MR.
Dr. Courtier has key interests in medical education and has served as the Diagnostic Radiology Residency Site Director of Training for the Mission Bay Hospital, Director of the Pediatric Radiology Fellowship, and Chair of the Radiology Residency Clinical Competency Committee.
He has published 46+ peer-review journal articles as well as several abstracts and educational exhibits. Dr. Courtier is an award-winning educator. He is a past recipient of the Department of Radiology Outstanding Fellow Teaching Award, the Haile T Debas Excellence in Teaching Award, and the Department of Radiology Hideyo Minagi Teaching Award.
Pediatric Radiology; Augmented Reality
CT, MRI, ultrasound, plain film and fluoroscopy in the thoracic, abdominal/pelvic, and musculoskeletal organ systems of pediatric patients
Pediatric body MRI, MR enterography, pediatric oncologic imaging, fetal MRI, 3D printing and post-processing, Augmented Reality applications
Education and Training:
• Medical School: University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City
• Internship: University of Hawaii, Honolulu - Preliminary Surgery
• Residency: University of Kansas, Wichita - Diagnostic Radiology
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging - Abdominal Imaging
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging - Pediatric Radiology
• State of California Medical License
• Diplomate, American Board of Radiology
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support
• Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
• CAQ (Certificate of Additional Qualification) in Pediatric Radiology