Orit A. Glenn, MD, is a Professor and Director of Pediatric Neuroradiology in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging. Dr. Glenn is a radiologist, specializing in pediatric and adult neuroradiology, with additional expertise in pediatric and fetal neuroimaging. She leads the clinical fetal MR neuroimaging program and is co-Director of the advanced fetal imaging program. Dr. Glenn received her B.S. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, M.D. from the University of California, San Francisco, and completed her radiology residency and neuroradiology fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Glenn is committed to advancing fetal neuroimaging, though both her clinical and research work. Her research has contributed to our understanding of both normal and abnormal brain development in utero. Her work using advanced imaging techniques has helped us to better understand how the brain develops in utero. She works closely with obstetricians, perinatologists, child neurologists, pediatric neurosurgeons, and the Fetal Treatment Center at UCSF. Dr. Glenn's expertise in fetal MRI has resulted in numerous invitations to deliver high impact national and international lectures.
Dr. Glenn served as Principal Investigator and Co-Investigator in several NIH grants. She has published over 80 articles and has contributed to over 90 abstracts. She has mentored many medical students, graduate students, residents, fellows, and junior faculty.
Pediatric neuroradiology, fetal neuroimaging
Normal and abnormal fetal brain development, prenatal/fetal magnetic resonance imaging, magnetic resonance technique development and application, neurodevelopmental outcome, normal and abnormal pediatric brain development
Education and Training:
• Undergraduate: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• Medical School: University of California, San Francisco
• Internship: Stanford University Medical Center, California - Internal Medicine
• Residency: University of California, San Francisco - Radiology
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Neuroradiology and advanced training in Clinical Research Fellowship Program
• Medical Licensure, California
• Board Certification: American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology
• Certificate of Added Qualification in Neuroradiology: American Board of Radiology