K. Pallav Kolli, MD, is a Professor in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Kolli obtained his medical degree from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois in 2006, and completed his residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of California, San Francisco in 2011, followed by a fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology at UCSF in 2012.
Dr. Kolli serves as the departmental lead for Radiology quality and safety programs within both the School of Medicine and UCSF Health. He is responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance, developing best-practice guidelines for safe diagnostic and interventional procedures, and implementing initiatives for continuous quality improvement in Radiology. In this role, he oversees the departmental MRI Safety and Radiation Oversight Committees.
Dr. Kolli’s areas of interest include magnetic-resonance guidance for interventional procedures, interventional oncology procedures, and venous interventions. From 2010-2012, Dr. Kolli was appointed investigator of the project Endovascular Thermal Tissue Ablation in the Interventional MRI Environment. The project explored the potential to perform thermal tissue ablation using a novel steerable endovascular catheter in the interventional MRI environment.
Dr. Kolli is a member of the Radiological Society of North America, the Society of Interventional Radiology, and the American Roentgen Ray Society.
Interventional oncology and MRI
Interventional oncology, assessing outcomes of interventional radiologic procedures, and investigating novel methods of imaging guidance for interventional procedures, such as MRI-guided interventions
Education and Training:
• Medical School: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
• Internship: Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Chicago, Illinois - Transitional Medicine
• Residency: University of California, San Francisco - Diagnostic Radiology
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Vascular and Interventional Radiology
• American Board of Radiology Certification in Diagnostic Radiology
• Licensed to practice medicine in the state of California