Mark Wilson, MD, is a Vice Chair and Professor in Residence in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging at the University of California, San Francisco. He is Chief of Radiology and Chief of Interventional Radiology at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG).
Dr. Wilson received his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor in 1990. He completed his residency in Radiology at the University of California, San Francisco in 1995, followed by a fellowship in Interventional Radiology at UCSF in 1996.
One of Dr. Wilson’s major research focuses is the development and testing of magnetically navigated, coil-tipped angiographic catheters in the MRI environment. Another research interest of Dr. Wilson's is developing interventional MRI guided therapies. This is a new therapeutic modality that combines all facets of Dr. Wilson’s background in engineering, interventional procedures, and MR technology.
His clinical research is focused on how effectively interventional radiology manages different issues and the economic advantages of interventional radiology in any settings, and the contrasting roles of interventional radiology in the hospital setting. Dr. Wilson has published over 75 articles, 5 book chapters, and 5 significant publications.
Non-vascular interventions, vascular interventions and non-invasive vascular imaging
Interventional MRI, magnetic resonance angiography, computed tomographic angiography, magnetic catheter navigation, MRI-compatible devices, hemodialysis access interventions, interventional oncology
Education and Training:
• Medical School: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
• Internship: Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit - Internal Medicine
• Residency: University of California, San Francisco - Radiology
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Interventional Radiology
• State of California Medical License
• State of Michigan Medical License
• American Board of Radiology Diagnostic Radiology Certification
• ABR Certificate of Added Qualifications in Interventional Radiology
• Drug Enforcement Administration License