Steven Hetts, MD
|School||UCSF School of Medicine|
|Address||1001 Potrero Ave, SFGH 5|
San Francisco CA 94143
|University of California, San Francisco ||2013||Catalyst Award |
|American Society of Neuroradiology||2011||Neuroradiology Education and Research Foundation Scholar Award in Neuroradiology Research|
|International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada||2011||First Prize Poster, Interventional Category|
|American Society of Neuroradiology||2010||Neuroradiology Education and Research Foundation Scholar Award|
|American Roentgen Ray Society||2005||Executive Council Award, Residents in Radiology Competition|
|American Society of Pediatric Neuroradiology||2004||Annual Research Award|
|Margulis Society Radiology ||2002
||2003||Resident Research Award|
|Department of Internal Medicine, Stanford Hospital||2001||Nominee, Resident Teaching Award|
|Harvard Medical School||1997||Ebert Community Service Award|
Steven Hetts, MD, is an Associate Professor of Radiology in Residence at the University of California, San Francisco, and he is Chief of Neuroradiology at the San Francisco General Hospital where he has established a new clinical Interventional Neuroradiology service, providing cutting edge minimally invasive endovascular therapy. Dr. Hetts received his medical degree from Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts in 2000, and completed a residency in Diagnostic Radiology at UCSF, followed by a fellowship in Diagnostic Neuroradiology and Interventional Neuroradiology from UCSF.
Dr. Hetts is involved in translational research as Co-Director of the Interventional Radiology Laboratory at China Basin, including the conception, performance, and management of research projects translating basic science and engineering research into clinical applicability. One of his projects is Magnetic Catheter Navigation and Microinfarction Evaluation in the Brain and Heart. Dr. Hetts also implements many clinical research projects involving retrospective and prospective patient data. The main focus of his clinical research is endovascular therapy for cerebrovascular disease, spinal vascular disease, and neurooncology.
Dr. Hetts has published 42 articles and has 7 significant publications. Among these significant publications, Dr. Hetts has led projects, supervised, and mentored medical students in analysis of clinical presentation, angiographic procedures, surgeries, and clinical outcomes. One of his articles was selected as Editor’s Choice in the American Journal of Neuroradiology (AJNR).
Neuro Interventional Radiology
Brain, spine, head and neck
Interventional neuroradiology, neurointerventional radiology, neurointerventional surgery, pediatric neuroradiology, diagnostic neuroradiology, interventional MRI, interventional neuro-oncology
Education and Training:
• Medical School: Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
• Internship: Stanford University, California - Internal Medicine
• Residency: University of California, San Francisco - Diagnostic Radiology
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Diagnostic Neuroradiology
• Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco - Interventional Neuroradiology
• Physician and Surgeon, Medical Board of California
• Radiology X-Ray Supervisor and Operator, California Department of Health Services
• Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
• Subspecialty Certification (CAQ) in Neuroradiology, American Board of Radiology
• Basic Life Support Certification (BLS), American Heart Association
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS), American Heart Association
Interventional neuroradiology, neurointerventional radiology, neurointerventional surgery, pediatric neuroradiology, diagnostic neuroradiology, interventional MRI, interventional neuro-oncology.
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share related concepts with this person.